Thursday, March 18, 2010

Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies


I was craving something sweet this past Saturday, so I dug up one of my favorite cookie recipes. I don’t remember where I got the original recipe, but I modified it a bit every time I made it until I ended up with this recipe, which I think makes some of the yummiest cookies ever. They are buttery, thin, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, golden disks of deliciousness! I hope you guys try them and love them as much as I do. :)

Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies

- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter softened (or 1 stick butter + 1/2 c shortening)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pkg toffee chips (8 oz, I use Heath toffee chips)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract

Preheat oven to 350º

In an electric mixer, cream sugars and butter (and shortening if using) until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla and almond extracts.

In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture and mix until well combined.

Stir in chocolate and toffee chips just until combined.

Drop by about 2 tablespoonfuls onto and un-greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment